[lit-ideas] Re: Giving Thanksgiving

  • From: "Veronica Caley" <molleo1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 23:42:44 -0500

Omar:Is there a major thinker that wasn't linked to totalitarianism in some way
or other ?

Thomas Jefferson.  Even though he held slaves.  He knew it was wrong.  But
slave holding in those days wasn't in and of itself totalitarian.  A major
thread through the economic system.

Veronica Caley

Milford, MI