[lit-ideas] Re: Gee whiz,another one of those ignorant people <irony intended>

  • From: "John McCreery" <john.mccreery@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 11:31:56 +0900

As Mike G has pointed out, this nuclear cat is already out of the bag.
Why get hysterical about Iran when the moment Musharaf is no more,
Pakistan, which already has the bomb and missles, too, and a record of
sharing the relevant technology may well be ruled by Taliban
sympathizers?

Nobody here wants nuclear proliferation, but it's something we've had
to learn to live with and--if you want something really
unacceptable--it is having our own country threatening others with
preemptive and even nuclear strikes. Who exactly are the madmen here?

But enough already. Given a choice between Lawrence and Eric or
Brezhinksi and Albright, I'm pretty sure I know who has the more
informed opinion.

John

--
John McCreery