[lit-ideas] Re: Fwd: Re: Tune and Turn Off - Panic Attacks

  • From: Carol Kirschenbaum <carolkir@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 14:19:23 -0700

> Or if your shoot yourself in the head while having an axiety attack, that
> could be fatal too.

ck: Actually, it's almost impossible to imagine such purposeful motor
activity in the midst of a full-blown anxiety attack. The feeling of flight
seems stronger than fight (fight/flight mode) in the throes. Suicide
ideation is another matter. Panic disorder often provokes a suicidal
response, since the psychological pain of imagined or feared humiliation, on
a daily basis, can be excruciating and utterly isolating. But I don't sense
that you, Andyrene Imago, are in that situation.

Carol