[lit-ideas] Re: Fukyama on Neoconservatism

  • From: Teemu Pyyluoma <teme17@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 23:16:33 -0800 (PST)

.--- Eric <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> That's why I'm always yammering about context. Our
>    square-rigged Ship of the Line is being
> attacked by many fast pirate vessels. Pointing out
> that the food onboard sucks and that the ship's
> officers are corrupt is not very helpful at the
> moment, is it?

On the other hand the captain never fails to come up
with another vague warning of impending and
devastating pirate attack when ever complaints are
voiced, and the last pirate attack only caused few
bruises to one sailor. Some brave souls also suggest
that perhaps the crew and passengers ought to worry
about reckless leadership on boards that risks sinking
the ship, the sea being far more common cause of death
than the pirates.

Cheers,
Teemu
Helsinki, Finland