[lit-ideas] Re: Forged Documents

  • From: Eternitytime1@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 22:39:19 EDT

In a message dated 9/26/2004 1:37:03 PM Central Daylight Time,
andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
20-somethings don't read the newspapers anymore.
They won't even  glance at a newspaper, not even to read the comics or the
sales.

The  newspapers and evening news (I don't know anyone who sits down to watch
the  evening
news) are obsolete. The web has killed them  off.

Hi,
Do you really think, though, that 'the web' has killed them off or do you
think it is rather that they do not think they make a difference or that they
really care (as long as 'they' are doing okay or fine economically?)

I kind of wonder about that...

NOT that I am all that cynical.  I am, rather, more hopeful about  Gen Y than
 I am about Gen X (esp about the the end of Gen  X....looking at the
demographics that I do...)  The ONLY hope I have is  with those ages 10-14
years of
age...certainly not with those older...

Sincerely,
Marlena in Missouri