[lit-ideas] Re: For Andy

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "lit-ideas" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 00:16:41 -0400

Thank you.  I didn't expect a poem.   Lilies as God's way of making up for his
creations' shortcomings.  It's funny because I love flowers.  I guess they make
up for my shortcomings.  My house is filled with artificial arrangements (I
call them immortal; cut flowers are dead) and live plants and pictures of
flowers.  There's a spareness and hardness to this poem, the sticks of the sun,
ashes, black cloth.  No soft edges at all.  Even the calls to happiness and to
pray are a dare.  I guess that's a pretty realistic description of a realist.
Too bad God isn't a bit more of a realist.  Thank you for posting it.