[lit-ideas] Re: Flipping the Bird At ID [was Suck My Panda's Thumb]

  • From: Michael Chase <goya@xxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 07:47:05 -0700

Le 27 août 05, à 03:00, Donal McEvoy a écrit :

--- Donal McEvoy <donalmcevoyuk@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Apparently Bush has come out in support of Intelligent Design. Dumb
bastard.

M.C. Like Stan says, thanks to Donal for clearing that up.

For those interested in a refutation of Intelligent Design that is, um, somewhat more systematic, I recommend Eric Schneider and Dorion Sagan's Into the Cool : Energy flow, thermodynamics, and life, Chicago : U. of Chicago Press, 2005. Following the biologist Stuart Kaufmann (Investigations, OUP 2002), they understand life as a self-organizing system that arises spontaneously in order to reduce gradients. See http://www.intothecool.com/ and especially the authors' blog at http://www.intothecool.com/blog/.

        Best, Mike.

        (wishing Donal a pleasant incarceration)

Michael Chase
(goya@xxxxxxxxxxx)
CNRS UPR 76
7, rue Guy Moquet