[lit-ideas] Re: Fish and Geary's Question

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 20:51:59 -0600

DR:

Which is not the same as saying I wasn't intensely curious about girls; they were just absent from my planet, alien beings with bras and hockey sticks, spotted in passing trains and at the other end of buses.

That made me laugh out loud. The paraphernalia of women still strikes me as a marker of mysterious difference. How I used to marvel at their underthings and all their cosmetic appliances and the fact that they managed to carry a large part of their world with them in their purses. I was fascinated and afraid of their "feminine hygiene" things and I could almost get drunk on the scent of them. (only much later by their sense). If I were a little more weird I'd probably have become a fetishist, an undiscriminating one though, enthralled by all things womanish. I've gotten a bit more used to them over the years, but they still seem strange, alien beings in many many ways.

Mike Geary
Memphis

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Ritchie" <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>