[lit-ideas] Re: Fictional characters

Chris ---

Look at the bright side; you could be sitting in Celle.

A multiple choice "philosophy" exam? How philosophically serious is that (even
with the scare quotes)?  Could we see the questions? I don't think I've ever
passed a multiple choice exam in anything. I've just been humbled by RP's FC
test, but I'm certain my ego can survive yet another humiliation within the
same month. (As Wittgenstein said, the sole genuine mark of genius is
confidence.)

Hmmmm.... surely the maxim of having "a philosophy course with hundreds of
students" is self-contradictory and hence not universalizable. (As in: if
everyone acted on "an eye for an eye" we would all end up blind.) You should
tell that to your friendly neighborhood administrator, and if modifications for
the future are not implemented, or restitution for past egregious failure not
in the offing immediately, grieve your case on Academic Freedom. If you can't
do that in the Land of Humboldt, Schiller, Kant und Hegel, we're both in the
wrong line of work.

Frohes Neues Jahre mit viel gutem, aromatischem Whiskey. (Not too sure about the
endings, but "mit" shirley takes the dative. Erin is that right??)

Spiritually Russian, Cognitively German,(Ecstatically Montrealian),

Walter/Valodya/Valter/Sir W of Outremont.

P.S. Awaiting Christmas and wondering why anyone from Memphis would be uncertain
as to my Russian ontological status.