[lit-ideas] Re: Fictional characters

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 23:36:14 -0600

11. -- Helen of Troy
10. -- Mike Hammer
 9. -- Madame Butterfly
 8. -- Farley?
 7. -- Silas Marner
6. -- 5. -- Jane Eyre
 4. -- Leopold Bloom's cat.
 3. -- Robert Cohn
 2. -- Dante
 1. -- Levin

Mike Geary

----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Paul" <rpaul@xxxxxxxx>
To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, January 02, 2007 10:31 PM
Subject: [lit-ideas] Fictional characters

A quiz about fictional characters. There are no prizes, only timé and
areté for those who identify seven or more.

1. Who was 'terribly fond of turbot'?

2. Whose spirit appeared in George F. Babbitt's parlor?

3. Who was once middleweight boxing champion of Princeton?

4. Who ate with relish the inner organs of beasts and fowls?

5.'Reader, I married him.' Who was she and whom did she marry?

6. Who, perhaps, had been his competition?

7. Who was buried in 'the lonely churchyard on the hill'?

8. Who is said to have 'a very satirical eye'?

9. Who waited twenty years for whom, and died upon his return?

10. Who said, 'I do my own leg work, and there are a lot of guys who
will tell me what I want to know because they know what I'll do to
them if they
don't.'?

11. X took Y from Z, causing Z to sulk until the death of W. Who was Y?
Robert Paul
Mutton College