[lit-ideas] Re: Faith-based politics

  • From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 May 2006 22:14:02 -0700

Let's see... more updates on how our Patriots in Washington are protecting the
Homeland.

The Shirlington (providing prostitutes to GOP Congressmen) limo contract, previously reported at $21 million, is now $25.2 million. But I'm still wondering how a limo company can get $25 million dollars.

The FBI has identified a number of the prostitutes and they're being
interviewed.

The Pentagon is investigating dozens of millions of dollars in contracts. In many cases, the principals didn't even go through legally-required background checks.

What about the winnings from the poker games? A defense lobbyist is just unlucky and "loses" $50,000 to a GOP congressman? Is that a loss? Or a bribe?

And did the Republicans declare the winnings on their income taxes? Or is this tax evasion, and a matter for an IRS investigation?

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com