[lit-ideas] Re: FW: Still needing a definition

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 16:47:16 -0500

How do you explain it?

> Is that it?

Yup. I invite you to do better.

Or have you actually done some empirical investigation, as
> might a sociologist?

Likewise, have you read any history lately?  Looked at the state of the
environment?  Wondered why pharma (among lots of others) are plundering tax
dollars?  Why they *need* to plunder tax dollars?  I notice answers to my
questions to Marlena are conspicuously unattempted.

>Maybe this is somehow known to you a priori.

A priori nothing.  See above.  It's all around except for those who don't
want to see it.  Maybe you're right.  Maybe there's something to be said
for denial.  Unfortunately, denial isn't my style.  Unless you'd like to
explore issues with me, I suggest limiting personal attacks and trying
something a bit more substantive.

I'm
> not sure what set you off on your latest series of misanthropic rants,

Existential issues/questions are misanthropic rants?

> but I genuinely hope you feel better soon.

Would you like that accompanied by a Matthew Arnold poem?  Wilfred Owen
maybe.  A Marine's Night Before Christmas?  Name your pleasure.  In the
meantime, I await your substantive questions/answers.

Irene