[lit-ideas] Re: FW: Six Characters in Search of an Author

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 09:36:03 -0500

With me it wasn't the superstition but the quietness of the song.  It
worked the way a meditation might.  This was before meditation was popular.
I'm sure that's how prayer works too, through its meditative, repetitive
quality, by focusing the mind.  I don't really meditate.  I've always liked
Glen Campbell.  Bobby McGee, especially by Janice Joplin but I'll take Kris
Kristofferson, is on my list of ten all time best songs ever written.

Worked