[lit-ideas] FW: Re: Who are you calling crazy?

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "lit-ideas" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 00:17:19 -0400

"They kill themselves out of emptiness and unhappiness and things like that.
Probably for the same reason the marines do."

I meant, of course, the same reason the marines become marines in the first
place, to kill others.  In the process they're at high risk of killing
themselves, so there's a suicidal element in there too, or else they'd become
accountants or teachers.  My friend marine was a real nice person.  I actually
liked him a lot.   Maybe some terrorists are nice people.  We'll never know.

It's late, and my mouse is still not working.