[lit-ideas] Re: FW: Re: Iremago

  • From: Robert Paul <robert.paul@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 12:20:53 -0800

Paul Stone wrote:

I remember Harrison Solow as a name-dropping, vindictive, strident, egomaniac -- who was always talking about her 'hollywood' reputation and connections. Wasn't she was part of the genesis for what eventually culminated in the whole "D'Amato incident".

No. She had nothing to do with it. The guy who called D'Amato an 'intellectual thug' (which incident precipitated the whole affair) appeared very briefly. I can't even remember if he submitted anything but that one post.

I don't remember HS as vindictive or strident; she was no more an egomaniac (at least in my fallacious memory) than any of the rest of us.

Robert Paul
Reed College