[lit-ideas] Re: FW: Re: Iremago

--- Robert Paul <robert.paul@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Deep Throat, maybe.

Yes!

Does anyone remember Harrison
> Solow? 'Harrison
> Solow' was the name adopted by a woman on Phil-Lit,
> who had something to
> do with the production of Star Trek. She admitted up
> front that
> 'Harrison Solow' wasn't her real name, but claimed
> that by revealing her
> real name she'd be subject to some kind of
> (unspecified) harassment.

It was really rather easy to find out who she was
(when someone pointed out that she was using a
pseudonym, she gave more information).

 As
> I remember it, she did reveal her actual name to
> David Savory, so that
> he could verify that she was using a nom de liste
> for protection, and
> not for deception.

I didn't know that.  But it sounds like her.  (She
also met some of the list members, I think.)

She wrote in her own voice, and
> engaged in actual
> discussions. I remember that she knew a bit about
> Aquinas' theology.

Yes.

> Maybe someone who can retrieve things from the TAMU
> listserv could
> discover more. (I can't get access to it any longer,
> because my email
> address has changed slightly, and the robot doesn't
> recognize my new one.)

I knew her off-list.  TAMU -- ah.  I think I've
changed my e-address since the Phil-Lit days, I'm not
sure.

Judy Evans, Cardiff

http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com