[lit-ideas] Re: FAVORITE CHRISTMAS CAROL

  • From: "Stan Spiegel" <writeforu2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 17:44:57 -0500

Andy / Irene -
I think it's too easy to underestimate Mike's work because he kids around so
much. This Christmas piece shows more craftsmanship than I think you're giving
him credit for. I think he was just a little careless about a comma or two, but
otherwise something to enjoy and appreciate. As a failed poet myself, I would
feel a sense of accomplishment with this piece under my belt -- even though I
don't celebrate Christmas and feel kind of alienated by the season. Happy merry
and so on.

Stan Spiegel
Portland, Maine