[lit-ideas] Re: Experience of War

  • From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 00:08:33 -0700

From: "Eric Yost" <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Line up a million troops with machineguns from the north to the south of the country, transverse it, killing everything who moved.

Granted it's old-style Soviet strategy, but the sentiment was there. You don't let a bunch of sunstruck quasireligious madmen violate your country without consequences.

If I recall (Eric, please correct me if I'm wrong), it was al-Qaeda that attacked the WTC, not Afghanistan.

You're suggesting that the US should have slaughtered the population of Afghanistan, none of which had any idea what al-Qaeda was doing?

Or are you quisling around again, proposing an action but then defending yourself that you are only reporting?

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com