[lit-ideas] Re: Erin's Course Dilemma

  • From: Michael Chase <goya@xxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 16:47:06 +0100

Le 17 janv. 05, =E0 19:41, Phil Enns a =E9crit :

> Michael Chase, after a brief review of Carlo Ginzburg's _Rapports de=20=

> force.
> Histoire, rhetorique,preuve_ wrote:
>
> "Comments?"
>
> Sure.  Niether Nietzsche nor Derrida denied truth,

        M.C. : I'll leave Derrida to those who know his work better than =
I do.=20
But as far as Freddie N. is concerned=A0:

        There exists neither spirit, nor reason, nor thinking, nor=20
consciousness, nor soul, nor will, nor truth (Will to power, trans.=20
Kaufmann-Hollingdale, =A7 480)

        A powerful seduction fights on our behalf, the most powerful =
that=20
there has ever been - the seduction of truth - "Truth"? Who forced this=20=

word on me=A0? But I repudiate it=A0; but I disdain this proud word=A0: =
no,=20
we do not not even need this : we shall conquer and come to power even=20=

without truth. (WTP  =A7 749)

        No, this bad taste, this will to truth, to =93=A0truth at all =
costs=A0=94,=20
this adolescent madness in the love of truth =96 we=92ve had enough of =
it=A0:=20
for that, we are too experienced, too serious, too joyous, too=20
weatherbeaten, too profound (Gay science, Preface, =A7 4, my=20
translation).

        Etc., etc.

        Best, Mike.

Michael Chase