[lit-ideas] Re: English Typo Schools

  • From: eternitytime1@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 17:24:04 -0500

 HI,
Hey, Just remember that just because one recognizes that there is a difference
between spanking and child abuse (ie beating/bruising), does not necessarily
mean that one supports spanking.

Just wanted to make very sure that you understood that point.

I think it is also clear in the literature that I cited (and it is, apparently
elsewhere) that there is a distinction made between the two actions AND that
there is not really an association that decreasing 'spanking' will decrease
child abuse.

They are two different situations and (probably) different outcomes and reasons
for both.

Saying that does not mean that spanking is being supported.

I'm still not sure you understand that, but thought I'd try once more...(don't
know why...but none of us knows why, really, right?)

Best,
Marlena in Missouri