[lit-ideas] Re: English Pubic Schools

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 08:10:31 -0500

Spanking says, you want something, you hit them, they give it to you.
Teach em young how how it's done.

> >That guy in Mike's school who beat the kid bloody was most
> >likely, forget it, was guaranteed to have himself been beat up.
Nowadays
> >biographers, forensics people, nearly everybody looks at home life.  Why
do
> >you think that is?  (Rhetorical question.)
>
> Too bad, I'll answer that anyway... because they are too bored with
> life to do anything else. They need to publish or perish, so they
> make up bullshit terms like "post traumatic stress disorder" and
> apply it to everyone who knows a paper boy who might have lost a
> gerbil in the attic.

Lazy dickheads, that's what they are.

> >Sure makes life easy to have it all figured out that way.  People don't
> >care about their kids.
>
> Of course they do, you are being alarmist and insincere.
>
> >Lazy dickhead is enough for them.
>
> Bullshit!

Below you say uh huh.  Which is it?

> >Did you know that 4 out of 5 families don't learn sign language if
> >there's a deaf child
> >in the family?
>
> Whatever!

Exactly.

> >That's an example of how much people care about their kids. Lazy
> >dickhead saves a lot of time and covers a lot of ground.
>
> uh Huh!
>
> >Somebody does something by accident, and your answer is to beat them?
>
> You are chronically misreading me. I'm saying people need to be
> jarred back into reality when they are oblivious to dangers that
> exist. I'm not advocating beating people who 'accidentally' do
> something. I'm saying you need to swat your kid if they do something
> incredibly detrimental to their health.

Because if you just stopped them, it wouldn't be enough?  Geez.

> >So if you slide on ice into someone's car, you deserve a
> >beating.  This is like, weird.
>
> You are incredibly irritating.

Difficult concepts like this can be.

> >Terrorize a kid and those little neurons imprint forever.  The problem
too
> >is that people who will terrorize a child most likely aren't going out of
> >their way to have a relationship either.  They care about themselves, not
> >the kid.  Lazy dickheads can be pretty angry people.
>
> i guess i must be a lazy dickhead.

No.  Lazy, stubborn, etc. are pejorative words that mean nothing.