[lit-ideas] Re: English Pubic Schools

  • From: Paul Stone <pas@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 21:44:38 -0500

The only thing that works for you.  Not everyone hits their animals.  For
the record, I have never hit my animals.  I can't even imagine hitting a
cat.

It only takes ONE hit. Really remarkable. They don't have memory for shit, but they have a remarkable memory for a slap on the ass. I never bruised them. I never maimed them. I tapped 'em on the butt. You are governed by an all or nothing mentality. You can't IMAGINE eating 1 steak every month. You can't imagine smacking a cat once in a lifetime. You have no grip on reality. You are the type of person who paves the road to Hell.

Animal trainers don't hit animals.

Animal trainers are weirdos. They are psychotic abusers of wild animals.

I'm sorry it's the only thing that works for you.

The thing is, it works. I'm sorry you don't understand that.

It's the same reason spanking "works" for parents, because they don't know there's a better way, and they don't know the
consequences of spanking.

Of course they do. The "consequences" as you put it are that in the short term, the kid straightens up and in the long term, with moderated discipline, the kid learns not to fuck around. You are over the edge with your touchy-feely approach.

And they don't want to know. Hey, maybe someday you'll visit someone's house and you won't wipe your feet before walking in
and they'll give you a nice firm ass smack. Then, if you don't put the glass in the dishwasher, you'll get another nice firm ass smack. And
another. And another. Eventually you'll get the idea on how things are supposed to be done over there.

You're being completely ridiculous. I won't need an ass smack. I learned to do these things when i was a kid and i NEEDED to learn. You better revisit your psychohistory. Tell me what do you do if your kid doesn't put his glass in the dishwasher for the 50th time? Do you raise your voice? Do you use an expletive? Do you deprive him of something? What IS the solution? What about if he's going to step in front of a bus? Do you yank him back or quietly say "progeny, please don't..." at which point the bus runs him down!!!

tough times, demand tough talk