[lit-ideas] Re: Edward Bernays and Goebbels

  • From: Andy <mimi.erva@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 19:25:15 -0700 (PDT)

No doubt there were others, but Bernays is I think pretty much credited with
being the mover and shaker of the industry.  We're the ravenous brainless maws
that we are today because of Bernays.  Ironically, if you read the review,
Bernays was the PR force behind Freud's reputation, not to mention the horrific
conflicts in Central America.   He was quite the dangerous man.  It's strange
how so few people can have such huge consequences..