[lit-ideas] Re: Easter

  • From: Julie Krueger <juliereneb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2010 13:32:08 -0500

Love your piece, Mike.  I've always found God has an amazing sense of humour
also.

Re. congestion from pollen -- go to your nearest health food store and buy a
roughly $6 bottle of Stinging Nettle capsules.  At first take 2 three times
a day.  They won't take effect immediately like benadryl because they have
to build up in your system.  But after 2 or 3 days you should be breathing
free and clear.  Then you can go to a maintenance dose of 2 in the morning
and 2 at night.

Everyone I've told about this now swears by it.

Julie Krueger

On Sun, Apr 4, 2010 at 12:56 PM, Mike Geary
<jejunejesuit.geary2@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Things change, don't they?  Like here it is Spring again and I was just
> getting used to Winter.  God loves tricking people.  Like with tornadoes and
> earthquakes.  Keep 'em on their toes.  I like God.  He has a sense of humor
> much like mine -- that's hard to find.  Sometimes in spring amid all the
> sprouting and bird shouting and young women baring their legs -- amid all
> that I feel a certain reverence for old Mother Earth.  How many gazillions
> of creature-children has suckled?  Tried to set straight and sent on their
> way?  Easter.  The Church (there's only one, you know, no matter the name)
> has co-opted this festival of the R's -- Renewal, Regeneration,
> Reaffirmation, Return, Rebirth, Revival, Revolution, Revelation, Reverence,
> Resurgence -- the whole bloddy "R" thing -- I'm sure JL, can help us out
> here -- and turned Easter into a political theme park.  I still salute the
> daffodils and the dogwoods and the redbuds even though they congest my
> sinuses terribly.  Power to pollen!
>
> Enjoy being alive,. folks, that's really all you've got.
>
> Mike
> in Memphis (still), and loving it more the worse it gets.

1
2