[lit-ideas] Re: Duffy's Joy

  • From: Judith Evans <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 22:27:41 +0000 (GMT)

Ah.  "Lay on, Macduff" and so on. I'd assumed the name (the schnoodle's name)
was (came from the) Irish. Duff is rather a nice name for her, I think, though
I like Duffy too.

"I'm
 sure Susan, if not Duffy, would be insulted to learn that someone from
Wales has absconded with her heroic dog's namesake's name. "

it is a bit much to be associated with the Welsh Duffy!

Judy Evans, Cardiff

From: Lawrence Helm <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Friday, 31 December, 2010, 21:26Veronica, If Donal was insulting my
photos and occasional comments, he was too subtle by far -- at least for me.
Duffy is male.  Ginger and Sage are female; so what would the Welsh Winehouse
pertain to?  And what vampire is given the name Duffy?   I puzzled briefly over
this note, but took my cue from the postscript and assumed it had something to
do with Eric's comments on "the least political of the arts" discussion.   Try
as I may, I cannot see Duffy being insulted in anything Donal has
written. Lawrence From: lit-ideas-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx