[lit-ideas] Re: Duffy's Joy

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 13:26:08 -0800

Veronica,

If Donal was insulting my photos and occasional comments, he was too subtle
by far -- at least for me.  Duffy is male.  Ginger and Sage are female; so
what would the Welsh Winehouse pertain to?  And what vampire is given the
name Duffy?

I puzzled briefly over this note, but took my cue from the postscript and
assumed it had something to do with Eric's comments on "the least political
of the arts" discussion.

Try as I may, I cannot see Duffy being insulted in anything Donal has
written.

Lawrence