[lit-ideas] Re: Driving East on Holgate

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 12:30:44 -0700

On May 16, 2006, at 12:15 PM, Robert Paul wrote:

JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx wrote:

Beg pardon, sir, but what is a California Girls Lotion Studio?

Well, I only knew it from the outside. One can imagine various activities taking place within—poetry readings, transcendental meditation, etc.

This, from their manifesto:

Polidisciplinary, the centre is particularly interested in supporting hybrid practices as defined by the chosen medium as much as by the questions raised and reflections brought around. The centre privileges artistic projects which unfold within the framework of contemporary art issues and artistic practices; the actuality of chosen themes reflecting temporality in a global context and their milieu. Wishing to encourage dialogue, we favour collaboration, communication and circulation of ideas through satellites activities implicating artists from [Portland] and from international artistic communities. Activities take the shape of off-site events and special projects, collaborations with other cultural organizations, projects around curating and publications The centre is also involved regionally, making it a lively and familiar space.
http://www.action-art-actuel.org/h/indee.html

David Ritchie,
Portland, Oregon
home of "topless, and more"