[lit-ideas] Re: Don't Stand So Close to Me

  • From: Andy Amago <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 10:25:32 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

-----Original Message-----

Not inexperienced is sometimes known as sexual abuse of children, especially in
a country that historically was not adverse to selling children into slavery,
including sex slavery.  Marriages in a lot of the developing world are
basically reenactments of parent-child relationships with the man having all
the power (parent) and the wife having none (child).  Large age discrepancies
between partners are common in the developing and third world.  I stand by my
statements that she wants a father figure and he can't relate to someone his
own age so he "falls in love" with someone safe.  Psychohistorically it's
suggested that countries have "maturity levels".  Clearly those who need
disparities and power differentials in marriages are not at the high end of
maturity.