[lit-ideas] Re: Disbelief

  • From: Andy Amago <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 16:29:22 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

The Da Vinci Code is basically on this subject, the willfull suppression by the
Christian Church of the goddess and feminine.  The book is actually quite good.
 Regarding negative theology, its circularity (how does one not believe in
something one doesn't believe in) makes theological arguments self defeating.

Christmas, I say again, nominally concerns the celebration of Christ's birth.
It really revolves around the Christmas tree.  The way All Hallows Eve is
nominally about saints and everything about coopting the pagan bonfires and so
on of the day when the dead return (without looking it up).  Likewise
Lupercalia/St.Valentine's Day and so on and so forth.

Christmas used to be my favorite season.  Now I prefer watching everyone else
run around.  It's a lot more fun.

Andy