[lit-ideas] Re: Disbelief

  • From: "Steven G. Cameron" <stevecam@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 08:03:05 -0500

Paul Stone wrote:

> On the other hand, the first sign of the apocalypse has come in the
> [apparent] turning of Antony Flew into a 'theist'. UGH!!!
>
> http://www.biola.edu/antonyflew/
>

> losing all hope,

**Please don't -- recalls to mind an earlier debate: is atheism a
religion?? Why are we constantly grouping ourselves to justify beliefs
-- do numbers (of adherents/members) lend credence/authority?? Must a
philosophy be validated or rationalized by the quantity of its devotees??

TC,

/Steve Cameron, NJ