[lit-ideas] Dies Bildnis Ist Bezaubernd Schon

  • From: Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 14:46:34 EST

"O cara immagine e senza eguale" is the translation for this one.
The  Cantolopera has "Della sua pace" (Don Giovanni) originally in Italian,
so that's  no problem -- I like the diminished chords there.
The 'cara immagine' is more of a trick, from "Flauto Magico". I never
actually listened to it in Italian. The German sounds very grandiose. In this
case
I have a CD of piano arrangements only (by the pianist of Pavarotti) --  which
is very dense to hear without the voice track, but worth the effort. I
ordered Bergmann's DVD version for the sake of it, but it's in Norse!

I do have the lyrics to the whole thing in Italian, somewhere, but not to
hand. I recall it's on my own lilywhite handwriting -- so that means it's
possibly not easily available on the net.

My next music ordering will be, I hope, this book/CD of Mozart's tenor
arias, as I have most of this DVD operas: Sogno di Scipione, Re Mitridate,
Pastore
Fidele, Sila, Albanio (?), Idomeneo.

The Don Giovanni version I have is the Losey one. I do also own the
Gazzaniga homonym (if that's the word). Apparently, DaPonte worked on that.

Ah, should say my favourite Richard Strauss's German (Austrian) tenor aria
from his Austrian operas is "De rigore armato il seno" -- what a gem!

Cheers,

JL
steps!
%3D62%26bcd%3DfebemailfooterNO62)