[lit-ideas] Re: Didn't I tell you so?

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 09:37:06 -0400

I think in their own way many of the rich are just as mentally unbalanced
as the poor.  They're just prettier than the poor.  To a person who's going
blind while someone withholds medication that would save their sight
because there's not enough money in it, that's not too many steps up from
being hit with a pipe.  Greed is a variation on mental illness.  As I see
it, the rich are coldly abusive, the poor are hotly abusive.  Coldly
abusive results in sociopaths while hotly abusive results in drug users.
In the smaller picture, I'd rather be coldly abused than hotly abused, but
in the big picture in my opinion they wash out into the same thing.