[lit-ideas] Re: Didn't I tell you so?

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 13:03:41 -0400

Paul: I don't NEED a gun and nobody should -- unfortunately, in your culture, lots of people need them.

You could just as easily take umbrage at an art knife. You know, those ubiquitous pencil-sized implements with razor-sharp cutting edges? Art knives are killing tools. With an art knife you could instantly cut someone's carotid artery: they would lose consciousness and die in one heart systole, 2 seconds max. Yeah, you and your art knife, you fiend!

While I support strong weapons restrictions in places like NYC, in other places, rifles, shotguns, and handguns are just fine.