[lit-ideas] Re: Definition(s) of Virtue

  • From: Judith Evans <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 17:47:32 +0000 (GMT)

Thank you, Robert.  The account I found by Googling
was of the Greek concept, but not specifically about
Aristotle.  My problem with arete's being a mean
stemmed from the (false) definition I found.

>>Virtue is the intermediate condition
>> between excess and
> >deficiency with respect to a person's feelings  and
>> actions.

I think I still have a problem with this but can't
think it through at the moment!

Judy Evans, Cardiff

http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com