[lit-ideas] Re: Defining the length of a meter with reference to time [was Re: Censorship]

  • From: "Phil Enns" <phil.enns@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 13:43:02 -0400

Richard Henninge wrote:

"This, however, is an *abgekartetes Spiel*, a con or shell game, a
circular argument, and a Tarskian truth, a truth by definition ..."

Nope.  It isn't an argument nor is it a truth.  It is a definition.

Richard goes on:

"the meter in this "definition" is still basically the "artifact
international prototype of platinum-iridium" located in Paris"

Yeah, but with greater precision and reliability.  So?  I couldn't find
your point amidst all the rhetoric and handwaving.  Not that I didn't
enjoy the show.

Sincerely,

Phil Enns
Toronto, ON