[lit-ideas] David Petraeus

  • From: Brian <cabrian@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 16:32:52 -0600

Is Lt. Gen. David Petraeus the right man for the job in Iraq? Well, he quite literally wrote the book on counterinsurgency (the Army field manual on counterinsurgency) so he's well positioned by way of understanding what we face. A good biography of the General is available here and I would like to see General Petraeus get out in front of the MSM on stories concerning the troops, negative or positive. We cannot fight a generational war without resolve and perseverance and for that we need confidence at home.

Also, the The new general is bringing along some very interesting staff.