[lit-ideas] Re: Dark Thoughts on Iraq

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 23:26:17 -0400

---- Original Message -----
To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: 9/29/2005 9:43:47 PM
Subject: [lit-ideas] Re: Dark Thoughts on Iraq

(Granted, part of me says get rid of the federal government and just be
nation-states as states, too...okay, counties.  Okay--we want separate from
Kansas City. Eastern parts of counties separate from Western. Or maybe just
feudal cities again...)

A.A. Has the part of you that wants this thought through what it wants?  Have
you tried to imagine a world with no federal government?  What would feudal
cities in a world of 5 or 6 billion look like?  What do you think of the post
that Eric sent regarding the Scandinavian countries being a successful blend of
capitalistim and society, essenially a capitalistic welfare state, where
everybody wins, both business and individuals?

Andy

Always desiring to be liked and to hear words of affirmation,
Marlena in Missouri
(also asking for the name of a wonderful dictator throughout history for a
discussion I had with one of my Citizenship in the World presenters today.
(we're providing that workshop this weekend as my little way of expanding
horizons...)