[lit-ideas] Daily Kos: State of the Nation

  • From: Omar Kusturica <omarkusto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 07:47:04 -0800 (PST)

I've heard of Mickey Z., and this sounds like it might
be him. Beyond this, Brian, could you spell out what
you expect us to see in this passage ?

O.K.

From: Brian <cabrian@xxxxxxxxx>
To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 08:57:32 -0600
Red meat quote:

Among many reasons, I hate America for the
near-extermination and subsequent oppression of its
indigenous population. I hate it for its role in the
African slave trade and for dropping atomic bombs on
civilians. I hate its control of institutions like the
United Nations, World Bank, International Monetary
Fund, and World Trade Organization. I hate it for
propping up brutal dictators like Suharto, Pinochet,
Duvalier, Hussein, Marcos, and the Shah of Iran. I
hate America for its unconditional support for Israel.
I hate its bogus two-party system, its
one-size-fits-all culture, and its income gap. I could
go on for pages but I'll sum up with this: I hate
America for being a hypocritical white supremacist
capitalist patriarchy.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2007/2/8/172058/4195

A short bio of the author from his site:

Mickey Z. is a self-educated writer/martial
artist/vegan who lives with his wife Michele in New
York City.
Likes: sunsets, rainbows, and anarcho-syndicalism
Dislikes: mean people, traffic, and factory farming

Cheap talk?
http://voice.yahoo.com