[lit-ideas] Re: Da Vinci Code

  • From: "Franz Fuchs" <f.fuchs@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 19:04:32 +0200

> I don't think DVC is a threat to the Catholic Church, any more than Mario
> Puzo's book was a threat to the Mafia.

Andreas, besides AO Scott quip, this is the funniest thing I read about the
DVC! (Not to mention the Mafia - Catholic Church analogy...)

(Scott called Mr. Brown's book a "primer on how not to write an English
sentence" http://movies2.nytimes.com/2006/05/17/movies/17cnd-code.html.)

BTW, The Teaching Company has a free two-part audio lecture about the DVC's
theological background:

http://www.teach12.com/ttc/davincicode.asp

TTC's "renowned lecturer Bart Ehrman", to quote the DVC's famous opening, is
also prominently featured in a recent NYRB and Chronicle articles:

http://www.nybooks.com/articles/19031
Gospel of Judas

http://chronicle.com/free/v52/i35/35a01801.htm
On Gnosticism