[lit-ideas] Re: Crosswords, was India's fondness for America

  • From: "Paul Stone" <pastone@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 17:54:04 -0500

 I'm curious -- how many on the list do this for fun?

When I got my first computer -- a TRS 80 Model III (I think about 1980 or
so) one of the first programs that I diligently typed into basic from a
computer magazine -- supergeek at 14 -- was a crossword maker -- even
SUPERer geeky. It was very cool. I basically added a bunch of words and it
arranged the crossword for me... it only took about 45 minutes of crunching
in that HUGE 48K or RAM it had (or something ridiculously small like that)
and voila, all I had to come up with were the clues. I also had a very cool
acrostic maker... hours of happy fun for us geeks. I STILL have a functional
TRS80 computer. Maybe I'll pull it out and make a crossword for all the
lit-ideasers--- then again, well, maybe I'm just gonna be too busy on my 36
hours of holidays this Christmas -- my boss is a bastard.

self-employedly yours,