[lit-ideas] Re: Counterterrorism Blog: New Report/Chart: "State of the Su...

  • From: Brian <cabrian@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 11:36:53 -0600

Julie, what do you mean here? I assume you are being ironic but I don't understand it.

Regarding Somalia the NYT is reporting that Ethiopians are advancing on to Kismayo, the Islamists' last city. It is too early to call this a complete victory but the Ethiopians are hard charging on this one. Money quote: "It's self-defense," said Amare Aregawi, editor of the Reporter newspaper and a former rebel fighter. "People always say, 'Don't touch the terrorists. You'll aggravate them.' What are we supposed to do? Flatter them?"

~Brian
Birmingham, AL

On Dec 31, 2006, at 12:58 AM, JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx wrote:

I'm waiting for charts on Somolia, Darfur, Gaza, Timor, Indonesia (Sri Lanka esp), and Kashmir. When these charts are bar-graphed, line-graphed; and at least 3-D topical, political, and physical graphs color-coded in streaming video from a sattelite, I'll try to figure out who's right, who's wrong, who's been naughty and who's been nice, who to vote for, and to what charities to contribute.