[lit-ideas] Re: Conscious after the fact?

  • From: Donal McEvoy <donalmcevoyuk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 14:43:09 +0000 (GMT)

There is a distinction surely to be drawn between having a test, even a
compulsory one that is standard to all curriculae, and saying that only those
who pass this test are licensed by the state to have children? (What would the
sanction be for having children without a license? etc.) There is a difference
between education and its tests and licensing and its tests. One might applaud
one as sensible and feasible yet not the other. When children are given sex
education at school it is surely not to give them a license to have sex?

Donal