[lit-ideas] Re: Cartoon Rage vs Freedom of Speech

  • From: Paul Stone <pas@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 16:33:39 -0500

PJ: Am I right in thinking that the poppy-wearers are part of the legalize opium movement?

That's why I wear mine, but I have a suspicion that the other 30 million Canadians who might be characterized as "poppy-wearers" are making some kind of a statement about "Remembrance Day" or something like that -- you know "in Flanders Fields the poppies blow..." etc. etc. Of course, they may also be copping to being FODs.

Paul Stone
pas@xxxxxxxx
Kingsville, ON, Canada