[lit-ideas] Re: CAIR vs. Robert Spencer

  • From: "Judith Evans" <judithevans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 17:09:05 +0100

sounds a bit like NORAID, right?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NORAID

Incidentally, I wrote

>They (CAIR) got a
>llawyer
to write a letter to YAF telling them -- in effect -- either to call off
>the panel or rid if of defamatory content. Now of course such
>letters have a chilling effect on free speech.  But only a raving loon
>would pretend a) that this kind of behaviour is anything other than
>rabidly 'Western/capitalist', b) that it is -- or even amounts to --
>a fatwa.

(I now realise I did think you were saying CAIR had issued a fatwa, I
realised rather early on that that wasn't it, anyway....)
and I stand by this condemnation of such actions (qualified by an
understanding that they may on occasion be needed) and my "only...
capitalist' above.)