[lit-ideas] Re: Busted by an unknown dog lady

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 22:39:43 -0700

Thanks for the cheering up.  I love your subject.  I am now thoroughly
soothed.  To return the favor, here is a review of two books from the
current issue of The Weekly Standard.  The two books are:

Churchill, Hitler, and the 'Unnecessary War,' How Britain Lost Its Empire
and the West Lost the World by Patrick J. Buchanan.

Human Smoke, the Beginnings of World War II, the End of Civilization by
Nicholas Baker.

You can read this review at
http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/015/378tnyyt.a
sp

Which should in no way be construed to suggest that I might be interested in
these books.  I think Buchanan and Baker are a couple of crackpots.

Lawrence Helm
San Jacinto