[lit-ideas] Busted by an unknown dog lady

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Lit-Ideas" <Lit-Ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 17:31:44 -0700

I've been in a lot of debates over the years and thought I had been attacked
in every way imaginable, but in a Rhodesian Ridgeback discussion group I was
attacked in a new way.  One unidentified but obviously very angry lady
turned me in to the Sheriff's department.  A couple of lines of one of my
notes taken out of context was provided to the Sheriff's department along
with the suggestion that I was a possible terrorist.  So out comes a deputy
sheriff and someone from the Banning Police Department (both part of the
task force) to check me out.

Actually, the accusation sounded fishy to them, but they had to make sure  I
wasn't a terrorist.  I introduced them to Ginger, one of my Rhodesian
Ridgebacks.  They didn't think she was a terrorist either.

I would have liked to have questioned them a bit more about their task force
and what they did in our region, but since I hadn't let them in the house
and since they rather quickly concluded I wasn't a terrorist, they were
anxious to leave.

As I was about to send this off, I wondered what Mike would make of it.
Oppressive brown shirts, using anti-terrorism as an excuse, knocking down my
door over specious accusations?   They didn't actually knock down my door;
just pounded loudly on it.   They gave me the impression that they knew they
were wasting time.   A CYA detail just in case I did turn out to be a
terrorist of some sort.  They wouldn't want it on record that I had been
reported but they hadn't checked me out.

Okay, Mike.  What do you make of this?

Lawrence Helm

San Jacinto