[lit-ideas] Re: Bushism and Fascism

  • From: Robert Paul <rpaul@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 22:44:15 -0800

Not only is it farcical, it's expensive. Every time police departments go on high alert, those people get paid overtime.

As both Eric and I have now said the CCTTW system was useless to those who would most need to know about terrorist threats. Two or three times Portland sent a couple of extra squad cars to park at the termini of certain bridges because of alleged warnings from the FBI or whomever. The man in the Tri-Met Omnibus knew nothing of this until the film at 11:00. I wouldn't say that the police were on 'high alert.' The warnings of threats to e.g. the New York subway system and the Los Angeles airport may have triggered more costly responses. And then there's
Dundee, Oregon.

Robert Paul