[lit-ideas] Re: Bushism and Fascism

  • From: "Judith Evans" <judithevans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 19:26:07 -0000

Omar

>, while
> promoting a rather unusual view that fascism is a form
> of authoritarianism that is autonomous from business
> control.

not at all unusual. (Nor is the notion of a more widespread
relative
autonomy of the capitalist state unusual though some have called
writers
who insist on it neo-Marxists.)  The views in the article
Adrian Palma sent you are widespread and have been for some
decades (at least), and seem to me to stand even given such work
as _Big Business and the Third Reich_.

The works I want to cite are behind "walls" -- e.g. jstor's --
but look for Miliband/Poulantzas and also (locus classicus,
though
of course not for fascism)  the Eighteenth Brumaire.

Judy Evans, Cardiff