[lit-ideas] Re: Bullying Iran - New York Times

  • From: Brian <cabrian@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 14:31:07 -0600

It isn't really a discussion. I was just poking a little fun at Irene's belief that the NYT is "beating the drum for another, bigger, better war with Iran" and calls the paper a print version of Fox News.

As long as I have you here, John, or anyone else, can you confirm what Irene said about Iran offering to capture bin Laden after 9/11 and the U.S. turning them down? I've followed the international scene fairly closely in those years and I have never heard that. Sudan offered bin Laden to the U.S. in '98 and it is speculated in the intelligence\counterterrorism\security industry that bin Laden might have fled to Iran after 9/11.

And speaking of Iran, Hillary Clinton spoke to a pro-Israel lobby group and said "U.S. policy must be clear and unequivocal: We cannot, we should not, we must not permit Iran to build or acquire nuclear weapons," the Democrat told a crowd of Israel supporters. "In dealing with this threat ... no option can be taken off the table."

~Brian
Birmingham, AL

On Feb 2, 2007, at 8:42 AM, John McCreery wrote:

I haven't been tracking this discussion closely.