[lit-ideas] Re: Bullying Iran - New York Times

  • From: Andy Amago <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 09:44:31 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Even Fox has "liberal" views occasionally (to stay "fair and balanced"), however shouted down those views are.  The NYT also runs big ads by Exxon alongside global warming stories.  In addition to being too little too late, the NYT has not mentioned that this is Cheney's war.  Cheney is the one who's pushing to invade Iran.  That would be a nice news story, wouldn't it?  Cheney's policy is action, any action, just keep them defensive, even though we're the ones who take the hits after the action.  Maureen Dowd has called Cheney delusional in a January 27 editorial titled Daffy Does Doom.  Also, there is no mention of the fact that immediately after we invaded Iraq, Iran offered to talk and we refused them.  This editorial is better than nothing, put it that way, but it doesn't change the basic disregard of the NYT for facts, and their unmistakable pro administration and pro war stance.  If they squeak out something like this, it gives them credibility, right?  Can you offer any news stories from the NYT that support facts not to invade?